Old Growth Forest Petitions
Take action for old growth!
The BC government promised to act on the 14 recommendations of the Old Growth Strategic Review report (link below) but so far has failed to act on these recommendations, even after the six month mark, and is continuing business as usual. Old growth forests are critical to protecting us against the worst of climate change but are being lost faster than ever.
Critically Fairy Creek, the last unlogged valley on southern Vancouver Island, is at imminent risk of being clearcut by Teal Cedar, with Teal Cedar recently winning an injunction against forest protectors protecting Fairy Creek. Fairy Creek lies in Pacheedaht territory.
Below are petitions and other ways you can take action to protect old growth in British Columbia.
Thank you for supporting precious old growth forests.
Photo by Jeff Finley on Unsplash
Credit: jennifer-uppendahl Unsplash
Write. Call. Organize
- Please write and call Premier John Horgan at firstname.lastname@example.org and 1-250-387-1715
- And the Minister of Forests Katrine Conroy at FLNR.Minister@gov.bc.ca and 1-250-387-6240
- Contact your MLA
- 30+ ways you can stand up for old growth forests today! Sierra Club of BC
- Join Forest March BC
- Stand.earth – Meet your MLA toolkit
- Wilderness Committee – Cutting through your MLA’s spin on old growth forests
Save Fairy Creek
Organizations + Resources